Monday 16 July 2012

Saving June by Hannah Harrington

Title; Saving June


Author; Hannah Harrington


Publisher; Harlequin


Publication Date; May 1st 2011


Series; Stand-Alone


Description; ‘If she’d waited less than two weeks, she’d be June who died in June. But I guess my sister didn’t consider that.’

Harper Scott’s older sister has always been the perfect one so when June takes her own life a week before her high school graduation, sixteen-year-old Harper is devastated. Everyone’s sorry, but no one can explain why.

When her divorcing parents decide to split her sister’s ashes into his-and-her urns, Harper takes matters into her own hands. She’ll steal the ashes and drive cross-country with her best friend, Laney, to the one place June always dreamed of going, California.

Enter Jake Tolan. He’s a boy with a bad attitude, a classic-rock obsession and nothing in common with Harper’s sister. But Jake had a connection with June, and when he insists on joining them, Harper’s just desperate enough to let him. With his alternately charming and infuriating demeanour and his belief that music can see you through anything, he might be exactly what she needs.

Except June wasn’t the only one hiding something. Jake’s keeping a secret that has the power to turn Harper’s life upside down again.


Stars; Five!


Would I recommend it? Totally. I loved this book, I'm sure you'd love it too!


Review; This book. What can I say about this book other than I loved it? This is the kind of book I could read over and over again. It is definitely going on to my favourites shelf. It's the kind of book that can make you laugh while you're still sobbing over the previous scene. You feel so many emotions all at once. Grief and regret are Harper's main emotions, other than anger and for me that was realistic. This whole book was realistic.
I loved the way music was weaved into the book. I am an avid listener and lover of music, the way Jake explained music to Harper, well that's how I feel about music. Music can help a person a lot, and I'm going to be checking out all the music that is in this novel. If I haven't already that is.
Saving June is a powerful book, if I didn't have to go to bed halfway through I would have never put this book down. The copy I read was an e-book, and ARC so I cannot wait to go out and buy my very own physical copy. I need to own this book because I will definitely be reading it again.
There has only ever been one or two other books that I felt as deeply about as I do this book. I'm going to be thinking back to this book for months to come. It has opened up suppressed emotions within me. I cannot fully relate to the story, but I feel like I can relate to parts. It is such a powerful and emotional book.
I'm saddened that the book had to end, but the ending was perfect for me. If you pick up any of the one books I have recommended this year, it should be this one. This book is beyond amazing. If you are looking for a book that makes you feel, then this is it!

2 comments:

  1. I highly recommend this book! Harrington is going on my auto-buy list for sure. As of now, she's 2 for 2 with amazing books and I can't wait to see what she comes out with next.

    ReplyDelete