Saturday 21 July 2012

Hana (Delirium #1.5) by Lauren Oliver

Title; Hana


Author; Lauren Oliver


Publisher; HarperCollins


Publication Date; February 28th 2012


Series; Delirium Book 1.5

Can it stand alone? I would say no


Format; Kindle E-Book

Price; £1.99


Description; Lauren Oliver's riveting, original digital story set in the world of her New York Times bestseller Delirium.

The summer before they're supposed to be cured of the ability to love, best friends Lena and Hana begin to drift apart. While Lena shies away from underground music and parties with boys, Hana jumps at her last chance to experience the forbidden. For her, the summer is full of wild music, dancing—and even her first kiss.

But on the surface, Hana must be a model of perfect behavior. She meets her approved match, Fred Hargrove, and glimpses the safe, comfortable life she’ll have with him once they marry. As the date for her cure draws ever closer, Hana desperately misses Lena, wonders how it feels to truly be in love, and is simultaneously terrified of rebelling and of falling into line.

In this digital story that will appeal to fans of Delirium and welcome new admirers to its world, readers will come to understand scenes from Delirium through Hana's perspective. Hana is a touching and revealing look at a life-changing and tumultuous summer.


Would I recommend it? Yes.


Who would I recommend it to? Fans of Delirium. The short story is best fitted between book one and two. It's rightful place.


Star Rating;
Overall; 5 out of 5.
The Cover; 4 out of 5, I do like the cover, but it is not amazing.
The Plot; 4.75 out of 5, I loved seeing Hana's side of things.
The Way It Was Written; 5 out of 5, I like Lauren's style of writing, you're getting the information, but it still feels like there is a lot of mystery. It makes me want to read more.
The Story Itself; 5 out of 5, like I said I liked seeing Hana's side of things. It was well written and the way the whole story was pulled together. I loved it.
The Ending; 5 out of 5, wow, I did not see that coming. The ending was amazing, but I'm really having a love/hate relationship with it!

For People Who Haven't Read Any Of Lauren Oliver's Work; Delirium, Hana, and Pandemonium should be next on your wishlist! I'd also recommend Before I Fall, but unfortunately I haven't read it yet, so that's one of the books on my very large wishlist as well as Requiem the final book in the Delirium Trilogy! And if you have not read Delirium it's probably best you skip this review as it will contain spoilers Delirium.

Review; I had been wanting to read this short story ever since I heard of it. I am a big Delirium fan so I wanted more. A year is a long time to wait for a book. So when I came across the short story again I just couldn't put off buying it. Do I regret buying it? Of course not. Lauren is an amazing author. I really need to read more of her work. Did I find anything wrong with the story? Not at all!
I was always curious about Hana's side of things. Okay, so I'm more curious and eager to have something in Alex's POV, but I was also curious about Hana. The beautiful best friend who introduces Lena to the Underground parties. The one who was so for the movement and Underground parties and then suddenly wasn't. The best friend who once was in the front of Lena's life and then suddenly wasn't. I was always curious about her, especially considering she wasn't in Delirium a lot near the end. In this short story all of my questions about Hana were answered, even some I didn't really have until they were answered. If that makes any sense.
The ending of this story was shocking to say the least. A really big twist that you will not see coming. I had to reread the word several times to make sure I wasn't seeing things! I'm thinking I may have to read Delirium and Pandemonium again because of that explosive ending. When you read this story I'm sure you will not believe your eyes either.
Are you looking for more from the Delirium series? Looking for something to clear the deprivation while you wait for the final book? You've found it. It may leave you wanting more. It may satisfy your deprivation. Either way you must read this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment