Friday 6 July 2012

Need (Finding Anna #2) by Sherri Hayes

Title; Need

Author; Sherri Hayes

Series #; Book Two

Publisher; The Writer's Coffee House Publishing House


Publication Date; July 26th 2012

Description; As Brianna comes to terms with the realization that she is no longer a slave, she must figure out what she wants for her life. Forgetting her past isn’t an option. It is an integral part of who she is now, and it will forever shape her view of life. The one thing she knows is that she cannot imagine her life without the man who saved her, but can she be what he needs? 

Stephan never imagined falling in love with the woman he rescued, but the thought of her no longer being part of his life is physically painful. The scars from her past continue to haunt her, and he is helpless to stop them. All he can do is try to help her work through the traumas of her past. Can he be everything she needs and help her move on?

The two must figure out how to navigate not only their relationship with each other, but also the outside world. A friend from Brianna’s past shows up where she least expects them, and Uncle Richard continues to enforce his well-meaning agenda to get Brianna more traditional help. As forces, both friend and foe, threaten to tear them apart, Stephan and Brianna have to navigate the turbulent waters and find what they need in each other.

Stars; Four out of five


Would I recommend it? If you are over 18, and enjoyed the first book in the series, then yes.

Review; I really want to know what happens next, and not only because of the cliffhanger. I find myself taking a liking to the character in this series. Especially Lily. I always like the over enthusiastic best friends better than the main characters. It's a weird thing of mine.
In my review of Slave, the first book in the Finding Anna series, I referred to Brianna as Vulnerable. Now I'm thinking that wasn't quite the word I was looking for. Innocent. That is the word I want to use. A once brave, independent woman who has become like a child in her need to ask permission to do anything.
In Need we see Brianna open up a little bit more. Though she is still very reluctant to do so. It makes me see her as brave, but in a heartbreaking way. It is a shame the damage this character had to go through, and just reading about gave me a heavy heart.
Emotionally, I connected more with this book than the first. Which made me enjoy it just that little bit more, but still not enough for five stars I'm afraid. That doesn't stop me wanting the third book though, as this is still a worthy series.
This instalment is slightly more sexual, but still the book does not off road from the plot. The plot, focusing on Brianna's past, and how she feels about all of these new situations, is a constant. The author didn't lose sight of that, which is sometimes the case with sequels.
Overall if you enjoyed the first instalment, then pre order this book now. If you haven't read the first book (Slave) you should pick up a copy of that first! An enjoyable book, and as far as sequels go, this one was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment