Sunday 22 July 2012

Redemption (Redemption Series #1) by Lindsey Gray

Title; Redemption

Author; Lindsey Gray

Publisher; The Writer's Coffee Shop

Publication Date; May 17th 2011

Series; The Redemption Series Book One

Format; E-Book

Price I Paid; £0.00 (From Publisher) The Price is £12.25 at its cheapest on Amazon.co.uk

Where I got the book from; From the publisher for review.

Description; Life is for living. Afterlife is a chance at redemption. As the only remaining female vampire in existence, Lily attempts to make her way towards her ever after. But with best friend Becca, new beau Ian, human husband Ryan, Archangel Peter, and a host of demons all standing in the way of Lily’s chance at a peaceful eternity, how can she possibly survive?

Star Rating; Four Point Five (4.5)

Would I recommend it? Yes.

Who would I recommend it to? Due to a few very short scenes I'd say over 18s that have a love of Paranormal Romance and just Paranormal/Supernatural altogether.

Review; The prologue of this book really sucks the reader in. I wanted to read on. I had to find out more. It was so mysterious. Now when the beginning sucks you like that (like its supposed to) you know it's going to be a good book.
Twists and turns. A lot of things I wasn't expecting happened. Shock, disbelief, and excitement. Those were my primary emotions throughout most of the book. You find out so much, yet there is still a big sense of mystery which makes you want to read the other books in the series. Something that I need to do right about now. A review for the second one will be up soon, but I have a feeling I'm going to hate waiting for the third. And by hate I mean love, because the anticipation always makes the story better.
This book is not a book you can just skim through and still understand. You need to pay attention if you are going to read this book, otherwise you might miss some of the events that happen. A lot happens in this book. Some wondrous events, some not so much, but all events that make you want to keep reading.
Another thing I loved about this book was the way it was written! This book was written so well. Books these days usually either have a good plot and bad writing or a bed plot and good writing. This book has both! The plot is good and the way it is written is just, wow. I think I'm going to have to find more of Lindsey Gray's work if it's all written like this.
Now I bet you're thinking; if you loved this book so much why didn't you give it five stars? Honestly I'm not 100% sure why I just can't give it the full five stars. I found that I couldn't read it as quick as other books. Usually it takes me a day to read a book, but this book took me several days and not because of its length. I think this may be because of the format, the writing was too small for me. I feel that this made me miss out on the book. This is why I prefer physical copies.
This book has Vampires, Angels, Nephilim, Demons, you name it. This is totally new take on the Supernatural/Paranormal. Finally! This is the something new/different you have been searching for!
It may not get a full five stars from me, but that does not mean that this book is lacking. Its far from it in fact. If you're looking for a new supernatural/paranormal book to read, well you've found it. You cannot miss out on this gem of a book!

No comments:

Post a Comment