Monday 23 July 2012

Divergent (Divergent #1) by Veronica Roth

Title; Divergent


Author; Veronica Roth


Publisher; Katherine Tegen Books/ HarperCollins


Publication Date; April 28th 2011


Series; Divergent Book One


Can it stand alone? Not really.


Description; In a future Chicago, 16-year-old Beatrice Prior must choose among five predetermined factions to define her identity for the rest of her life, a decision made more difficult when she discovers that she is an anomaly who does not fit into any one group, and that the society she lives in is not perfect after all.


Star Rating; Five out of five.


Would I recommend it? Yes.


Who would I recommend it to? Anyone and everyone! According to the HarperCollins website this book is 14+, but I'd recommend it to 12+.

Review; Divergent is an amazing novel. Set in future Chicago this is a Dystopia novel. The world building was believable. I found myself thinking that this could be the actual future. I have not seen a bad review for this book. Not a single one. I'm sure if I was looking for one I'd find it, but the majority of reviews praise this book and its author.
The characters. None of them were particularly annoying as you usually find in a book. I found I liked most if not all of the characters. Well with an exception of the characters you are not supposed to like of course.
This book is well written. This book is amazing and it is definitely a must read!

No comments:

Post a Comment