Monday 22 April 2013

Lying Season (Experiment in Terror #4) by Karina Halle



Title; Lying Season
Author; Karina Halle
Series; Experiment in Terror, book four
Source; Amazon, Paid for
Format; Kindle
Publisher; Self published/Metal Blonde Books
Publication Date; December 13th 2011
DO NOT READ THE SYNOPSIS IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE OTHER BOOKS IN THE SERIES, I WOULDN'T WANT YOU TO SPOIL ANYTHING FOR YOURSELF!

Synopsis; Amateur ghost-hunter Perry Palomino has battled ghosts, fought off skin­walk­ers and skirted the fine line between life and death. But can she survive bunking down in Seattle for a week with her partner (and man she secretly loves) Dex and his perfect girlfriend  Jennifer? And can she do so while being tormented by a malicious spirit from Dex’s increasingly shady past? With love and life in the balance, Perry must discover the truth among the lies or risk losing everything she's ever cared about.

Goodreads Average Rating; 4.71
My Rating; 50 stars? Is that too high a rating?
Would I recommend this book? If you've read the rest of the series then yes, if not that you need to read the other books first, but this series is amazing anyway. 
Will I read anything else by this author? Everything by Karina Halle is on my to-read list or read list. She is also on my auto buy list. She is also one of my favourite authors. So, yes.

My Review; So, I know that I have not said anything about this series so far. I haven't told you that I've been reading it, I haven't written reviews for any of the other books. I totally should have, but I'm lazy and I always wanted to get right onto the next book. More so after this book than ever.

Declan Foray can be an ass, and I have trouble trusting him on occasion, though that's entirely his fault, but I still love him. Can I just have a t-shirt that reads "Declan Foray stole my heart"? Or maybe "Karina Halle stole my heart" because I fall in love with almost every character she writes. With the very obvious exception of Jenn and a few others like her. (That woman makes me seethe. 

Perry however, now that woman, I love her just as much as I love Dex. Okay, so maybe "Experiment in Terror stole my heart"? It'd be like a proper internet show then, it'd have its own t-shirts that hardly anybody gets. Some people would ask me what the hell it is and then I can introduce them to this series. 
More people seriously need to read this series. 

I'm gushing rather than reviewing again aren't I? 

This book, it is the best in the series so far. I just fell in love with the characters even more. If that's even possible. The story totally freaked me out in places. This book... That ending...

It seems I have lost the ability to form full, coherent sentences. 

I finished this book in a day. On a day that I was kind of busy and had a few things to do. If that doesn't tell you how awesome this book is...I don't know what will.

We find out more about Dex and his past. We find out more about Perry and her past. We finally meet Jenn (that bitch!) And we meet other  people (that are much more awesome than Jenn) too!

Enough with the gushing, I've got a very, very late date with the next book in this series!

No comments:

Post a Comment