Wednesday 3 April 2013

Confession (Under Mr Nolan's Bed #2) by Selena Kitt

Over 18s only!



Title; Confession
Author; Selena Kitt
Series; Under Mr Nolan's Bed, book two
Source; Amazon, paid. (Yes, I broke my book buying ban for this book.)
Format; Kindle Edition
Publisher; Excessica - Self Published through her own publishing company.
Publication Date; 25th March 2013
Description; “With the mouth, confession is made into salvation…”

The shocking discovery best friends Leah and Erica have made under Mr. Nolan's bed has them down the wicked path of temptation, both girls veering far from the narrow path dictated by their strict Catholic upbringing, and their sexual transgressions have had unintended consequences. 

Erica finds her life turned upside down when Leah falls for Erica's father, but just as Erica is beginning to accept their love for each other, Leah disappears. Bewildered and abandoned, Erica and Mr. Nolan are faced with sadness and confusion at their loss, but while Mr. Nolan spirals into mourning, Erica is determined to find her friend.

Erica can’t possibly know why Leah has vanished, but when she enlists the help of Father Michael, her search and the real reason for Leah's disappearance intersect to uncover a multitude of shocking confessions and a secret that will shake not only the foundation of their faith, but the entire institution of the Catholic Church itself.

Look for Under Mr. Nolan's Bed: GRACE, the final instalment in the trilogy coming April 2013!

Goodreads Average Rating; 4.26*s
My Rating; 5*s
Would I recommend this book? Yes, but only if you have read the first book in the series.
Would I read anything else by this author? Well, she's not on my auto-buy-author list for nothing!

My Review; This book, for me, proved that Selena Kitt is more that just an erotica writer.

I always knew that Selena Kitt could write a story that was about more than the sex, but this book, it just proved it to me. Probably because there was less sex...

This book...wow.

How could...what...but...no. That's how I feel about this book and a few of its events.

Some things made me joyous, but they were also bitter sweet. Most things made me sad.

I was predicting a little bit of what happened in the beginning, but I was expecting nothing else. I mean...this book. I really love this book, but it has made me so sad.
Also, I cannot wait for the last book. I know it comes out later this month, but does anybody know the specific date because I want it as soon as I can get my hands on it!

It was almost guaranteed that I would I love this book. I have loved most of Selena Kitt's works, well the ones I have have read. I have also loved all of the versions of Under Mr Nolan's Bed that I've read, even if some were a little shocking. (I still have to read Plaid Skirt Confessions, I think that's what it's called...)
I have wanted a sequel to the first book for so long. Or it feels like so long, but really I only found out this was originally going to be a trilogy a few months ago. Even then I only stumbled upon it again accidentally.
It's only because Selena Kitt is on my auto-buy-authors list that I found out about this series again, and oh my, am I glad I did!

So guys, I know I was supposed to be on a book buying ban, and it is in full force now, after I purchased this book, but, yes, I did break the book buying ban for this book. I just couldn't help myself.
Can you really blame me?

All right. I'm rambling, and not so much about the book. I should stop that.

Okay, so if you haven't read the first book in this series, Temptation, then what are you waiting for! You need to buy a copy ASAP.
And, if you've read the first book but are unsure about buying the sequel, maybe because of that ending? You need not worry, because I promise you that this book is worth your time.

So, I wasn't around in the '50s, heck, I wasn't around in the '80s, let alone the '50s, but this book, this series, I feel like it takes me back to that time. How things were much more difficult for women. And all sorts of people.
It's so sad some of the things that happen, just because men had more power. There are certainly a few characters I would love to punch in the face. Joan... Oh, I hated her the most. Can I just wring my hand around her neck? Please?

We see that characters develop a lot more in this book too. We find out much more about them. And, that just made me love them more and made me feel for them more.

There are many intriguing things going on too. So much is happening and yet...there's so much more we need to find out, which is why I cannot wait for that last book. I may just have to rock back and forth staring at a wall until I get it. I'll be chanting "I need the book now. I need the book now." until it goes live!

Selena Kitt, I'm just, I'm going to have to applaud your work once again. Books like these are why you are on my auto-by-author and favourite-author lists on Goodreads.

P.S. Please release the next book ASAP so I don't go crazy... Although I have to wait until I get paid, so release on the day I get paid... That'll be perfect.

Ignore that last bit. I can go crazy over books and things occasionally. (All the time... I can just hide it better most of the time...)

Authors like Selena Kitt are why people break their personal book buying bans.
If you are ever going to read a Selena Kitt book, or just one of her series. Pick this series, pick Temptation up. Maybe you'll come to love Selena Kitt just as much as I do. (see above review for proof of this love.)

No comments:

Post a Comment