Tuesday 12 March 2013

Seduction and Snacks (Chocolate Lovers #1) by Tara Sivec



Title; Seduction and Snacks
Author; Tara Sivec
Series; Chocolate Lovers, book one
Source; Amazon, paid
Format; Kindle
Publisher; Self published
Publication Date; June 11th 2012
Description; Claire is a twenty-something, single mom that grudgingly helps her best friend sell sex toys while she attempts to make enough money to start her own business to give her foul-mouthed, but extremely loveable (when he's asleep) toddler a better life.

When Carter, the one-night-stand from her past that changed her life forever, shows up in her hometown bar without any recollection of her besides her unique chocolate scent, Claire will make it a point that he remembers her this time.

With Carter's undisguised shock at suddenly finding out he has a four-year-old son and Claire's panic that her stretch marks and slim to none bedroom experience will send the man of her dreams heading for the hills, the pair will do whatever they can to get their happily ever after.

Warning: contains explicit sex, profanity and enough sarcasm to choke a horse.
Goodreads Average Rating; 4.39*s
My Rating; 5*s (maybe 6...)
Would I recommend this book? Yes. Most definitely.
Who would I recommend it to? All of you that like to laugh.
Would I read anything else by this author? For sure.

My Review;

Initial Reaction; Oh, I should have read this book sooner! Talk about laugh out loud! I highlighted so much of this book.

Actual Review; This book. This book was hilarious. I can't believe I waited so long to read it! Okay, so that there was pretty much my initial reaction, but it's true. I laughed out loud several times, enough times that people kept asking what was so funny. I'm glad I read it at home, I may have gotten some funny looks otherwise.

Claire, she was so real. And if you know me, you know how much I love characters that seem real.
She got all of this stuff thrown at her, and she took it so well, and she was hilarious and just kept pushing through it all.

Gavin was probably the most hilarious child. Ever. Certainly a handful and the most entertaining four year old I've ever heard of.

Carter. Carter, he was funny, he was nice, he was pretty awesome.

My favourite character is between Gavin, Claire, and Liz.
Liz was definitely one of the funniest characters, and she wasn't a terrible friend either.

Oh, this book. You need to read this book. It is one I could read again already. I just...did not expect it to be that funny!

Okay, enough gushing. But seriously, read this book, if you have the right sense of humour you won't regret it!

I can't wait to read the sequel, which is waiting for me on my kindle because I downloaded it straight after finishing this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment