Monday 11 February 2013

Obsidian (Lux #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Title; Obsidian

Author; Jennifer L. Armentrout

Series; Lux series, book one. (There are at least 5 books, three have been released so far.)

Publisher; Entangled Publishing

Publication Date; May 8th 2012 (2nd edition)

Description; When seventeen-year-old Katy Swartz moved to West Virginia right before her senior year, she'd pretty much resigned herself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring, but then she spotted her hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up...until he opened his mouth. Daemon Black is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. It's hate at first sight, but when a stranger attacks her and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens. The hot guy next door? Well, he's an alien. Turns out that Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities and Katy is caught in the crosshairs. Daemon's touch has lit her up like the Vegas Strip and the only way she's getting out of this alive is by sticking close to him until her alien mojo fades. That is if she doesn't kill him first.

Goodreads Average Rating; 4.40*s

My Rating; 5*s

Would I read anything else by this author? Definitely, I can see her becoming one of my favourite authors.

Would I recommend this book? Do you even need to ask? Yes, I recommend this book.

Who would I recommend it to? I would say all, but I understand that that would be too vague, so all of you who like romance, YA, fantasy/science fiction...

Review; Okay,I can't believe I waited so long to read this book. I loved it.
Daemon is a jerk, but I love him anyway. Dee is awesome. Katy is also awesome. I just, I love these characters and I need to read the second book, like, nowish.

I don't really think there was anything I disliked about this book, other than a few characters which you're supposed to dislike anyway.

Now, what I liked about this book. Sure, I could just say everything, but that would probably be a bit too vague.

What I liked about this book was...it wasn't all about the romance (I just hate when books are all about the romance,) this book has plot, and no love triangles.
Katy has a backbone! I do love heroines with a backbone, rather than those who cower away from the action and are people pleasers.
Daemon Black. Yes, this is a valid reason.
Dee, her personality, and the fact that Katy's friends weren't bitches. I hate when the heroine has these supposed friends that are just nothing like friends. None of that in this book.
Before we find out that they're aliens (it says this in the description, so this is not a spoiler,) there are so many little mentions of aliens and ET. It made me laugh, actually, quite a few parts of this book made me laugh.

And, I'm going to stop there before I gush too much and give too much away.

You should definitely pick up a copy of this book if you haven't already. I loved it and I hope you will too.

I'm off to read the sequel.

No comments:

Post a Comment