Tuesday 18 September 2012

The Bermudez Triangle by Maureen Johnson

Title; The Bermudez Triangle

Author; Maureen Johnson

Publisher; Razorbill - Penguin

Publication Date; October 7th 2004

Description; What happens when your two best friends fall in love...with each other?

"Their friendship went so far back, it bordered on the Biblical -- in the beginning, there was Nina and Avery and Mel." So says high school senior Nina Bermudez about herself and her two best friends, nicknamed "The Bermudez Triangle" by a jealous wannabe back on Nina's eleventh birthday. But the threesome faces their first separation when Nina goes away the summer before their senior year. And in ten short weeks, everything changes.

Nina returns home bursting with stories about Steve, the quirky yet adorable eco-warrior she fell for hard while away. But when she asks her best friends about their summer romances, an awkward silence follows.

Nina soon learns the shocking truth when she sees Mel and Avery...kissing. Their friendship is rocked by what feels like the ultimate challenge. But it's only the beginning of a sometimes painful, sometimes funny, always gripping journey as three girls discover who they are and what they really want.

Star Rating; 4 Stars

Will I ever read anything else by this author? I would like to try another book by Maureen Johnson, yes.

Would I recommend it? Yes

Who would I recommend it to? Everybody who likes YA and realistic romance fiction.

Review; I'm half happy with this book. There were things I enjoyed. But I was only half happy with the ending. Nina was stupid. That's all I can say.
This book made me laugh out loud in parts, but honestly I was expecting more, I wanted more romance, more friendship, more everything. Maybe this was because of the way it was narrated. It needed to be narrated by 3 people, but I don't think the POV changes were done in a good enough way.
This is a book I could read again. There were some quite good parts, but it's not going on my favourites list.
Overall an okay book that I would still recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment