Wednesday 5 September 2012

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments #1) by Cassandra Clare

Title; City of Bones

Author; Cassandra Clare

Series; The Mortal Instruments Book One

Can it stand alone? I'm not entirely sure, but I want to read on. (My sister thinks it could stand alone...)

Publisher; Margaret K. McElderry Books

Publication Date; March 27th 2007

Description; When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder -- much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Then the body disappears into thin air. It's hard to call the police when the murderers are invisible to everyone else and when there is nothing -- not even a smear of blood -- to show that a boy has died. Or was he a boy?

This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. It's also her first encounter with Jace, a Shadowhunter who looks a little like an angel and acts a lot like a jerk. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know. . . .

Exotic and gritty, exhilarating and utterly gripping, Cassandra Clare's ferociously entertaining fantasy takes readers on a wild ride that they will never want to end.

Star Rating; 5 Stars

Would I read anything else by this author? Yes, I would

Would I recommend this book? Yes

Who would I recommend it to? Probably fans of Young Adult novels, and fantasy fans. (There are lots of fantasy creatures in the book.)

Review; So. Many. Feels. There are no words for the amount of feelings this book and its events cause so I will just call them feels. Major Feels.
Let's start with the characters. The characters personalities made them slightly more real to me. Which made me like them and the book slightly more.
I liked Clary the most. Probably because she stood up for herself slightly. She didn't make whatever boys liked her wait on her, hand and foot.
The ending seemed conclusive, but it was not. I still have so many questions! (Which is why I'm glad I own the second and third book!)
There are still a lot of questions to be answered. I won't put any of them here because it will give away bit of the story and we don't want that!
Honestly this book is a bit hard to review right now because I've already started reading the sequel, but it is a good book. Well I enjoyed it anyway. (It's a good fandom to be a part of on Tumblr too!)
All in all I think this book is quite good. A series you can get attached to and feel a part of.
I'd recommend it to all my followers and anybody else who happens to read this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment