Thursday 16 August 2012

The Dom's Dungeon by Cherise Sinclair

Warning; This book and review is for over 18s only!

Title; The Dom's Dungeon

Author; Cherise Sinclair

Publisher; Loose ID

Publication Date; December 29th 2009

Series; Not part of one

Description; "Foster child. Teenage whore." Now a veterinarian, MacKensie's turned her life around, but the scars remain. She saves her affection for the animals who never judge or scorn her, but it's time to get out, move on from her past in Iowa. So, she arranges a vacation exchange to job hunt in Seattle.

Although the house is lovely, one room is locked. Her years in foster care have given her two 'gifts': a neurosis about locked doors and the ability to open them. After she gets into the room, she's appalled...and intrigued. Chains and manacles, whips and paddles, odd benches with straps...

When Alex returns home days early and finds MacKensie draped over the spanking bench in his locked dungeon, he's furious. But her wariness arouses his protective nature and curiosity, so he strikes a deal to keep her close--she'll act as his submissive in exchange for a place to stay and help finding a job.

He'd planned to use the veterinarian to deter an ex-girlfriend, not "replace" her, but with MacKensie's compelling mixture of strength and vulnerability, the little sub slides right into his well-defended heart.

"Publisher's Note: This book contains explicit sexual content, graphic language, and situations that some readers may find objectionable: Anal play, BDSM theme and elements (including/not limited to bondage, spanking, tethering), exhibitionism."

Star Rating; Four Stars

Would I read more from this author? Yes, I would like to try something else by Cherise

Could I reread this book? I could and I probably will reread this book

Would I recommend it? Yes

Who would I recommend it to? Over 18s who enjoy erotica/romantica. Those who like to read BDSM novels.

Review; If you haven't read the book this review may have slight spoilers, but nothing major!
At first I was slightly annoyed with this book. Mostly because of the words "darn" and "frak." The word darn was only there once, but with the phrase the word was used in it should have been damn. Picky I know. The reason I got annoyed with the word frak was because this is an erotica book, surely you can say the word fuck? It made sense when it was explained later in the book. I just didn't get the reference because I never watched the show or movie... The other thing that annoyed me was the way it dived into the story. The beginning was a little too unrealistic for me... It could have also used a bit more detail in places. There wasn't a lot of detail on how things looked or felt. There was enough, but I would have liked a little more. Other than those three things, I enjoyed this book.
Now let's get to the good points. The characters. Alex was awesome, and totally patient. Which I loved. MacKensie was damaged, and that was definitely shown. Honestly I think it made me love her character that much more!
After the beginning, the book seemed to get slightly more realistic.
Animals! The love of animals throughout the whole book. I'm an animal lover so I loved how there were so many animals that had been rescued!
The BDSM world wasn't strictly male/female. It isn't mentioned much, but there were parts where she mentioned a Domme having a female sub and a Dom having a male sub. I like how it wasn't strictly male/female. It gave me more respect for the author!
Over all I enjoyed the book and it's something I could read again. Oh, and I read it in one sitting which is usually a sign for a good or at least not bad book!

No comments:

Post a Comment